The Cangialeoni Group based in Forlì brought this well-known brand back to the elite group of rigid dump trucks’ manufacturers
The beginning of 2020 saw the definitive rebirth of Perlini, presently “Perlini Dumpers”, by Cangialeoni Group based Forlì, which acquired the ownership of the company in 2018 and is currently engaged in the project to bring this well-known brand back to the elite group of rigid dump trucks’ manufacturers.
The new course has led the company to move from a total internal production of all components to a partnership with a group of twenty-three suppliers in the surrounding area and to the development of a new truck with outstanding innovative features, which aims to respond to the most advanced customer needs.
Perlini Dumpers will continue to produce at the historic Perlini factory plant in Gambellara (Vicenza), where dump trucks of considerable size and performances used for the transport of large loads have always been built over the years. The current dump truck range consists of three models, 40 -65 and 95 metric tons of loading capacity and powered by two types of engines: for European users and for users in countries outside the Union.
At Samoter the presentation of the new 65 tons model
The recently produced truck involves the application of a new Scania engine Stage V, a new Avtec transmission and all the instruments that will allow any Italian truck owner to join the special benefits introduced by the fiscal law dedicated to Industry 4.0.
The technical features that have always distinguished the Perlini brand remain untouched, while the specific parts concerning the compliance with recently introduced regulations regarding exhaust emissions have been modified: in fact, a new Scania engine Stage V is adopted, which satisfies the most severe requirements in this sense, granting low fuel consumption levels and a high torque.
Other applications relating to all the instruments (electronic weighing system, GPS locator, control of machine parameters, production monitoring in real time, etc.) allow total control of the truck, with the result of a significant increase in production efficiency.
Industry 4.0: systems compliant with directives
With the systems presently available on the new Perlini dump trucks, it is possible to track the vehicle and its load at any time.
The new electronic transmission control allows the operator to access the data in a more comfortable and intuitive way. The selector display provides information on the transmission, allows the operator to recognize any alarms and codes and integrates some diagnostic tools.
The GPS system collects various vehicle data:
- control of the km travelled
- verification of the switchboard status (on/off)
- verification of body activation (lifted or low)
- voltage of the internal battery
- primary power (on/off)
- GPS status (on/off)
- detection of CAN BUS data (non-invasive connection)
- environment temperature
- detection of aggressive driving (acceleration, braking and sharp curves)
- remote controls (engine block)
- alert (alarm setting with notification via web and/or by email)
- alarms (area entry and exit, power failure, GPS / GPRS signal absence, etc.)
- maintenance (checking of scheduled deadlines with reminder reception on a km/hour basis).
In addition to the GPS system, the vehicle is equipped with a VEI on-board weighing system. This latest generation technology allows the operator to:
- better manage and control the production
- reducing the wear of dump trucks in terms of tires, transmission, engine and bodywork.
- it allows the real-time production monitoring on tablets, smartphones or PCs with VEI ipotweb software.
- know the cost of transport per ton in advance
- track the load efficiency
- avoid overloads and, consequently, reduce fuel consumptions
- technical support by trained personnel is, of course, granted all over the world.
Both systems are compliant with the prescriptions of the laws relating to the Italian Business Plan named Industry 4.0.